Effective Date: January 9th, 2019.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Cookies and tracking devices used on Arrow.com, as categorized by function:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or use e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move on our website. This helps improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Cookies can also be categorized by how long they remain on your device. There are two broad categories of duration:
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted manually or automatically.
- Session cookies. Session cookies remain on your device until you close your browser when they are automatically deleted
We use both persistent and session cookies. Our persistent cookies last no longer than one (1) year.
Information collected by our cookies:
Cookies on our website collect several types of information, including information about your usage of our website and we may collect your IP address as a logged file. An IP address is the number assigned to your device, for example your laptop or mobile phone, when your device accesses the internet.
How to manage cookies in your browser:
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you've got and delete them on an individual basis;
- Block third party cookies;
- Block cookies from sites;
- Block all cookies from being set; and
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. This includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our website and Services for these reasons.
If you are primarily concerned about third-party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off separately.
Third-party cookies and tracking devices:
When you are on Arrow.com or any other Arrow property website you may notice that there is content from other websites - for example a video from YouTube or links to maps using google maps. We may also provide you with the opportunity to share information with others using social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We add this content from time to time to improve the user experience. As a result, you may be sent cookies from these other websites. We do not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third-party websites for more information about the cookies they use and how you can manage them.
Managing advertising cookies:
Please note that if you want to opt out from targeted advertising cookies, this does not mean that you will receive less advertising when you use our services. This just means that the advertising you see will not be as relevant or customized to you.
However, if you still want to opt out of these third party advertising cookies, you can do this by visiting the Interactive Advertising Bureau's website www.youronlinechoices.com which lists all ad serving cookies that are currently set on your device and tells you how to opt-out from each of them. Please note that this website lists many more networks than those used at Arrow.com.
Please remember that if you choose to opt out of targeted advertising from a specific company or via www.youronlinechoices.com, it only applies to the web browser on the device you are using. You will therefore need to follow the same process on every device you use or different web browser that you use to exercise the same choice.
Further information about cookies:
If you wish to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.